CAR KEYS CUT NEAR ME
To find a auto locksmith near to you offering a car key cutting service
Please enter your post code or location in the search box below.
Many MLA locksmiths who provide a Auto Locksmith Service do Car Key Cutting / Car Key Programming if you need a replacement car key cut in the event of having lost your car keys, damaged or broken them or just want a duplicate set of car keys. A MLA locksmith will be able to programme and cut keys for your car/van/motorbike/motorcycle whatever vehicle you may have.
USE THE SEARCH BOX ABOVE or
Click here to Find a Auto Locksmith ( tick Auto Locksmith Services )
Types of Vehicle Keys That Can Be Cut
A auto locksmith will be able to cut keys for most types of vehicles, the common being the car. Below is a list of keys most MLA approved companies will be able to cut a key or reprogram a key for:
- Transponder Keys ( most cars after 1998 have transponder chips & programmed to a specific car )
- Remotes Car Keys / Electronic Chips / Key Fobs / ( these type of keys need programming )
- Standard Car Keys ( vehicle without remote central locking )
- Car keys
- Motorcycle / Motorbike keys
- Van keys
- Caravan keys
Don’t forget that Locksmiths can also help with accessories for your vehicle such as Roof Racks, Steering Locks etc..
Reasons you might Need a Car Key Cutting
There could be a number of reasons why you need a replacement set of keys for your vehicle, below are the most common reasons that are come across on a daily basis and problems a auto locksmith will be able to help you with
- Lost your Car Keys – require new keys
- Replacement Car Keys ( or any other vehicle )
- Replacement Transponder Chip if chip is broken or missing
- Spare Set of Car Keys for convenience in case of lost or damaged vehicle key
- Locked out of your vehicle
- Damaged Your Car Keys / Keys Stuck in the Ignition
- Keys to your Vehicle are Stolen
- Keys have snapped in Car door lock
How do I get a new key for my car?
To get a new key for your car you will need to supply the auto locksmith with the following:
- 1. Make & model of vehicle
- 2. Vehicle Registration
- 3. Vehicle identification number ( can be found in your V5 document – see the vehicles log book )
- 4. Proof of your identification
Where can you get a car key made?
The are four main places to get a replacement car key made and that is:
1. Specialist Auto Locksmith
they will have specialist equipment so can duplicate and replace most types of car key. This is usually the cheapest and fastest option.
2. Through a Car Insurance Provider
car keys are usually only covered by insurance if you have lost your car keys or are they stolen. Also, it may affect your no claims bonus.
Note: Most insurance providers use the services of a specialist auto locksmith to get this done.
3. Roadside Assistance
Sometimes they may be able to assist but it depends on the type of vehicle and equipment they have.
4. Car Dealer
Usually the most expensive option and normally won’t be able to come to you, unlike a auto locksmith who can have a fully mobile workshop.
Can you make a copy of a car key?
A auto locksmith will be able to make a copy for most types of car key – either a standard remote fob or a transponder key.
A remote key or transponder key will need programming by a specialist auto locksmith though.
I need a replacement for my remote key fob
Should you need a new remote key fob a dedicated auto locksmith will be able to either clone your existing key or program a new one even if you don’t have the key.
I need a spare transponder key, can a auto locksmith help or do I need to go to my main dealer?
- Yes most auto locksmiths can duplicate transponder ( microchipped keys ) keys and therefore are able to help
- In fact, a lot of main dealers now use the services of auto locksmiths to provide this services themselves
Need a car keys cut in an emergency?
Should you be locked out of your vehicle at an untimely hour, most MLA Approved Auto Locksmiths offer a 24 Hour Emergency Service and provide key cutting on site.
How much is it to get a new car key cut?
There is no governing body for locksmiths and so there is no defined pricing structure that locksmiths have to follow.
The cost to get a new car key cut will depend on these factors:
- Your brand of vehicle – a Ford Fiesta will will normally be cheaper than a Mazda or Hyundai
- The type of car key – if you have a remote fob or transponder key
We recommend getting a quote from at least three MLA approved locksmiths in your area who more often than not will be cheaper than your local dealer, you can do this by using the find a auto locksmith search function.
Model Of Car Keys
Most Auto Locksmiths will be able to provide a replacement key for your specific model of car key. Below are some of the most recognized models that auto locksmiths will be able to help with:
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover
- Mini / Mini Cooper
- Rolls Royce
- Volkswagen VW
If your model of car is not listed above, please call a MLA approved auto locksmith who will be able to help or pass you onto one who can.