What Levels of Membership are available?
As the UK’s largest trade association for locksmiths, the Master Locksmiths Association comprises of the following membership categories that you can join.
Those looking to become an MLA member have the option of different membership categories.
MLA membership is for trading companies and individuals, the levels of membership are below:
MLA APPROVED COMPANY MEMBERSHIP
List your Locksmith Company on our Site + Use MLA Logo
Approved Company Membership is awarded to locksmith companies having successfully undergone an inspection by the Association’s Inspectorate.
This is the `trading’ sector of the Association and its membership is promoted to the public, police, insurers, Government and all potential customers.
Display MLA Logo on Website + Van – Full use of the MLA Approved Company logo on your website/van/shop etc…
Your Own Locksmith Listing on MLA Website – All MLA approved locksmiths have their own locksmith profile on our website.
All MLA Approved Companies can be found on our Find a Locksmith page.
MLA PERSONAL & QML MEMBER
Work Towards MLA Approved Company Membership
1. PERSONAL MEMBERSHIP:
- Become a member of the UK’s largest trade association for locksmiths
- For those looking to become a locksmith or already trading as a locksmith.
- DBS Check
- 2 References
- Personal members can go onto become QML members (Qualified Master Locksmiths )
2. QML MEMBERSHIP
- QML member = ‘Qualified Master Locksmith’
- DBS Check
- 2 References
- Locksmith must have first passed the MLA Exam to become a QML member
- QML Members can go on to become an MLA Approved Company Member.
MLA AFFILIATE MEMBER
Use of MLA Logo + Direct Access to MLA Members
Affiliate Membership is for Companies, Manufacturers and/or Distributors of materials, equipment or services to, or in connection with, the locksmithing industry and who wish to support the Aims and Objectives of the Association.
- Membership can only be awarded to Trading Names/Companies and not to Groups or Holding Companies.
- A representative must be nominated; this representative having one vote on behalf of the Affiliate.
- All communications will normally be directed to the representative.
- Applicants are required to complete the relevant application forms.
Affiliates will be authorised to display the MLA Affiliate member Logo on any advertisement, letterhead or other media displaying the Affiliate’s name.
The MLA Affiliate Division includes such well-known names as Mul-T-Lock, Yale, Union, Era, Abloy, Banham and Bramah.
HISTORY OF AFFILIATE MEMBERSHIP
In May 1992, following a number of requests, the MLA’s rules were amended to allow companies connected with the Locksmith industry to become Affiliate Members.
Companies such as insurance companies, suppliers to the locksmith industry, manufactuers etc can become a MLA Affiliate Member & benefit from expert advice from the UK’s largest locksmith association & MLA Approved Locksmiths.