Become a MLA Approved Locksmith with your own listing on our website & full use of the MLA logo, read on for the benefits of joining the UK’s largest locksmith association.
How Do I Become an MLA Approved Locksmith?
Step 1 – Join the MLA
- Become a Personal Member of the MLA.
Step 2 – Take and pass the MLA Exam
- Pass the MLA exam within 4 years of becoming a personal member
Step 3 – Automatically Progress to QML Member
- After passing MLA Exam, membership category automatically updates to QML membership
Step 4 – Apply to Become MLA Approved Company
- Your company will be listed in the MLA’s Keyways magazine
- Listing in Keyways magazine has 21 days for any objections from members
Step 5 – Board Listing
- Your application is presented to the MLA board
Step 6 – Inspection by the MLA
- Your company is inspected by an official MLA Inspector in your region
Step 7 – Application signed off by the MD
- Your approved company application is signed off by the MLA’s Managing Director
Step 8 – Welcomed into Keyways
- Well done you are now an MLA approved company & welcomed into Keyways
Step 9 – You are now MLA Approved
- Your company will become listed on our website
- Full use of the MLA approved company logo is allowed everywhere
- MLA certificate is sent to you
- Van stickers are sent to you
I’m new to locksmithing – see our becoming a MLA member section, anyone starting out as a locksmith can still join the MLA as a personal member.
Approved Company Benefits
Why Become MLA Approved Locksmith
- 1. Use of the MLA logo on your website, marketing materials, van, clothing etc..
- 2. Approved Company Page: a dedicated SEO-friendly MLA approved company page on the MLA’s website to greatly increase sales leads
- 3. Profile on Find a Locksmith Page – your MLA approved profile will be searchable when anyone searches for a locksmith on our website.
- 4. Featured in yearly Handbook: Membership details highlighted in the MLA’s Handbook which gets distributed to insurers, police and industry professionals
One Enquiry via MLA Website = £900 job
We were delighted to hear from an MLA Approved Company Lockmaster1 that they are averaging £500 worth of work each week thanks to their MLA membership!
Their MLA membership is working very well and the web presence attracting the right kind of clientele (e.g. one enquiry via the MLA website this week leading to a £900 job!)
So it just goes to show that it pays to be an MLA member, see our how to join the MLA page for how to become an MLA Approved Company and the requirements.
Member Benefits (All Categories of Membership):
- Discounts off cars/vans from a range of leading manufacturers for business/personal users (including up to around 43% off new Vauxhall/Ford vans)
- Business equipment
- Corporate/personal financial products – including mortgages and insurance
- Specialist corporate insurance – including; property, stock and public & employee liabilities
- Corporate/personal private medical insurance plans
- Training and seminar exclusive to members at MLA Expo – Europe’s largest locksmith exhibition
- AA breakdown cover
- Card payment processing services
- Advertising discounts
- Intellectual property rights and copyright discounts for your branding
- Website development and hosting services
- Telecoms plans
- Uniform discounts in a wide choice of styles
- … and for those times when you’re out of the office – European holidays
If you would like to become an Approved Company member, find out how you can take the MLA Exam (formerly BLI) and apply for membership please use the contact button below:
For details on all types of memberships please visit our Become a MLA Member page.