Find a Locksmith
To find a key cutting locksmith near to you who can cut keys to code or number
Enter your postcode of location in the search box below.
A Master Locksmiths Association member offering a Key Cutting service should be your first port of call should you need a spare set of keys cutting for your door / windows or vehicle. More than likely you will need a replacement set of keys cut for a variety of reasons you might have lost your keys, damaged your keys or just need a spare set of keys. Most MLA Locksmiths will offer services for both home ( domestic ) and business ( commercial ) premises and also provide a 24 hour emergency service.
USE THE SEARCH BOX ABOVE or
Click here to Find Your Nearest local locksmith ( tick locksmith )
Types Of Keys that can be Cut
A MLA Locksmith will be able to duplicate any set of keys and also cut keys to fit any type of lock you wish. This could range from car key cutting to copying keys for security safes, front and back door keys for the house, windows keys, church keys etc…
- Keys for Cylinder Locks * typical house key *
- Key for Mortice Locks
- Key for Rim Locks
- Garage Door keys
- Ancient / Antique Keys
- UPVC Doors and Windows
- Double Glazing Keys
- Tubular Keys
- Vehicle Keys
- Vehicle Transponder Keys
- Cupboard / Desk / Locker Keys
- Special Section / Restricted Keys
- Patented Keys ( restrictions may apply )
- Keys for Security Safes
- Double Sided Key
- Four sided key
- Paracentric key
- Internal Cut key
- Abloy key
- Dimple key
- Zeiss key
- Boat keys
Antique & Vintage Keys
Old vintage keys are a specialist area of key cutting, locksmiths specialising in cutting old keys will be able help with any of the follow type of key:
- Old Church Keys
- Skeleton Keys
- Heart Keys
- Flat / Barrell
- Suitcase / Briefcase Keys
- Old Furniture ( cabinets / desks / chest drawers )
Types Of Key Cutting Services
A MLA Locksmith will be able to offer a variety of key cutting services should you need a replacement set of keys, most will be able to cut keys in store should they own a retail premises, or cut keys on site if they are emergency locksmith. In some instances you key may just be broken and stuck in the door, again a MLA Locksmith will be able provide you with a copy of your keys
- Keys Cut To Code
- Broken or Damaged Keys
- Duplication of Keys should you need a spare set of keys
Why should Key Duplication be done by MLA locksmiths?
For full details on why you should use a MLA Locksmith please click here. If keys are duplicated by locksmiths the key is usually cut on the correct blank, there has been care taken over the calibration of the key cutting machine periodically whether it be mechanical or electronic.
The type of key that is being duplicated
Depending on the type of key the locksmith will be duplicating he/she will usually check over or hand finish the key to ensure no sharp edges.
This is usually done for various reasons:
1. Most commonly finishing the new copy to ensure when the key is used in the lock it does not leave any scores or imperfections on the leavers/detainers inside the lock,
2. If the levers or detainers were to get scored this could result in more than one lever/detainer lifting inside the lock in operation causing a potential lock out situation.
3. The same applies to deburing cylinder type keys or any type of pin tumbler or wafer style lock as swarf (tiny fragments of metal) can get into the lock and cause issues with tolerances or reliability of that lock.
These are actions and practices a locksmith would take as they have a great understanding of what goes on inside the lock once the key is entered.
Many MLA Members also specialise in Auto Locksmith Car Key Cutting so if you have lost your car keys or broken them or just need to duplicate vehicle keys, a MLA Locksmith will be able to cut keys for your car/van/motorbike whatever vehicle you may have.