FIND A AUTO LOCKSMITH
To find a auto locksmith near you if you have you lost your car keys
Enter your postcode or location in the search box below.
Have you lost your car keys with no spare set?, misplaced your car keys ( either transponder or remote fob ) or even had them stolen and do not have a spare set of keys to enter your vehicle? If so your local MLA Approved Locksmith ( CRB checked/vetted/inspected ) specialising in Auto Locksmithing will be able to help obtain a set of replacement car keys or for whatever vehicle ( motorbike, car, van, truck, scooter etc.. ) you have.
Find a Car Locksmith Now – tick ‘Auto Locksmith Services’
OR Use the Search Box above ( enter postcode )
What to do if you’ve lost your car keys & have no spare set?
Remember an Auto Locksmith can help you with any type of vehicle from a car, van, truck, motorcycle to even a caravan. So if you need a spare car key cutting or car key programming contact your local MLA approved auto locksmith. In order to assist the auto locksmith the following information will help:
What type of car keys do you have?
- Transponder Car Keys ( most cars after 1995 have transponder chips & programmed to a specific car )
- Electronic Chips / Key Fobs / Remote Keys
- Non Remote / Standard Car Keys ( vehicle without remote central locking )
Prepare the following information for your auto locksmith
- Make and model of your vehicle
- Registration number of your vehicle
- Vehicle identification number ( found on your V5 document – see your vehicles log book )
- Personal identification ( documentation showing name, photo, address to help confirm ownership of the vehicle )
- Postcode of where you are, should you require a emergency locksmith to come to you
What models of car keys can a Auto Locksmith Help with?
Most auto locksmiths will be able to help repair/cut/replace/program car keys for any model of vehicle. The most requested models range from:
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
Most auto locksmiths will be able to help you out with other models of car keys not listed above, if they cannot help they will be able to recommend somewhere for you.
What other lost vehicle keys can a auto locksmith help with
It is not just cars a auto locksmith will be able to help you with, some deal with lost motorcycle keys, vans keys and even keys for caravans:
- Motorcycle & Motorbike Keys ( sukuzi, yamaha, honda, harley etc.. )
- Scooter Keys
- Van Keys
- Truck Keys
- Caravan Keys
What type of Car Keys have you lost?
Transponder Chip Keys – all keys made after 1995 are legally required to be fitted with a immobiliser system. This will require a transponder key, which has a embedded electronic transponder chip in the key to start the vehicle.
If the key is broken or lost – then you wont be able turn the ignition therefore the vehicle will not be able to start, so you will need a replacement transponder chip.
Electronic Chip / Remote Key Fob – are generally a keyless entry push button key that controls the locking to the cars doors and turns off any alarm system.
I need a spare transponder key, can a auto locksmith help or do I need to go to my main dealer?
- Yes most auto locksmiths can duplicate transponder ( micro chipped keys ) keys and therefore are able to help
- In fact a lot of main dealers now use the services of auto locksmiths to provide this services themselves
I need a replacement for my electronic chip/fob/remote key
- Contact your local MLA approved auto locksmith who will either clone what you have or program a new one
What to do if my car keys are stolen?
- A auto locksmith will need to reprogram the vehicle so that the old keys are no longer useable.
- Depending on the age of the vehicle – door locks and ignition barrel may need to be reconfigured
How long will it take to get me a spare set of car keys?
- 1. Depends on the type of key
- 2. Depends if the auto locksmith has the blank in stock or they need to order it
Will I have to change my car locks if I have lost my keys?
- The answer is not necessarily as an auto locksmith may be able to either reconfigure the existing locks or remove the existing keys from the vehicles database
Do I need to take my car to the locksmith?
Again not necessarily because:
- A lot of locksmiths provide a mobile service and will be able to travel to you and do the work onsite
What is the cost of replacing lost car keys?
There is no governing body for locksmiths and so there is no defined pricing structure that locksmiths have to follow. We recommend getting a quote from various MLA approved locksmiths in your area who more often than not will be cheaper than your local dealer, you can do this by using the find a auto locksmith search function.