This Electrical Safety Certification Training Course run by the Master Locksmiths Association covers topics such as dangers of electricity, the laws affecting locksmiths working with electricity plus there are theory and practical exams.
Details of the course can be found below.
Why attend the course?
- Do a lot of access control work?
- Intend to get into in more depth in the future?
- Need a certificate of competency to satisfy
- the Electricity at Work Regulations?
Electrical Safety Certification Course (1 day w/Abrasive Wheel Course)
Date: Course dates
Location: Master Locksmiths Association, Unit 1, Prospect Park, Valley Dr, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1TF
Requirement: Open to MLA Members and NON-MLA Members
Cost: Member Price: £189 | Non-Member Price: £259
How to book: Contact us
What is covered on this training course?
- Dangers of Electricity
- The Laws affecting Locksmiths working with electricity
- Risk Assessment (samples & worked examples)
- Selection of tools
- Selection of equipment
- Locking off & proving dead (theory & practical)
- Installation of power supplies (theory & practical)
- Practical Assessment
After the course is completed you will be able to:
After the full days’ course, you will be competent in the following areas:
- Hands-on exposure on how to conduct a rigorous risk assessment
- How to select the relevant tools/equipment for each project
- Gain further clarity on the latest legislation for locksmiths working with electricity
- Crucial real-life examples of when things go wrong and how you can mitigate potential electrical hazards for your customers
- Installation of key power supplies
- In July 2015, there were amendments to standards BS7671:2008 the course will discuss showing you how the installation of cables changed
Assessment and Course Notes
The course will last a full day with the morning devoted to theory & the afternoon given over to the practical and the assessment.
Working boards would be provided for delegates to work on and all the test equipment required. Full course notes will be supplied.
Certificate After Course
The Certificate will be for successfully completing the course including a practical examination at the end. This will prove the applicant “Competent to Connect to a Fused Spur” which means that under the Electricity at Work Regs you will be deemed to be suitably qualified to carry out this work.
If you are interested in other locksmith training courses please see our locksmith training pages