Cost: Member Price: £250 | Non-Member Price: £295
Location: Master Locksmiths Association, 1 Prospect Park, Valley Drive, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1TF
To book onto our advanced courses either book online below or contact us.
This module is part of our Intermediate & Advanced Courses
Glass Doors & Locks
- Different types of applications
- Where & how they’re fitted
- Different kinds of rails
- Different types of top pivots and potential associated problems
- The ‘Patch System’ explained
- Pitfalls of removing & re-fitting
- Types of floor springs
- H&S-related issues
- A mixture of theory and practical
- Types of door springs used
- Distinguishing between the side & end load, hold open & non-hold open doors
- Different closer strength sizes & their applications
- Taking off and replacing doors
- Examining and replacing transom springs
- Types of closers & pivots
- Adjusting/calibrating aluminium doors
- Types of locks & fitting them for use with Access Control systems
- Converting double action to single action
- How to fit electric releases, mag locks and correctly aligning door when using shear mags
- Specialist hardware (e.g. fire escape applications)
- Releasing and replacing jammed flush bolts
- Changing screw in and Euro Cylinder locks and barrels
Members Rate: £250 inc VAT
Non-Members Rate: £295 inc VAT
Members reduced price – Become a MLA Member
Non Member Requirements: We require a Basic Disclosure security clearance check should be provided prior to joining the course.
You can apply through the government’s site or there are various private providers online.
For upcoming course dates please view our training course calendar.