Cost: Member Price: £295
Location: Master Locksmiths Association, 1 Prospect Park, Valley Drive, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1TF
This module is part of our Intermediate & Advanced Courses
- Hands on picking by the students
- Learning to use the pick with locks in various stages (3 levers, then 2 levers and an anti pick etc.)
- Component parts of the lock & their positioning ref picking
- Geometry of a pick
- Problems encountered due to lack of knowledge
- Problems encountered due to misuse of tools
- The picking process
- Setting anti pick levers
- Dial reading a picked lock
- Dial reading a pre picked lock to affect an opening
- Aimed at the more experienced locksmith (rather than complete new entrant).
- This class is appropriate for Locksmiths and Safe Engineers with little or no picking skill
*Will require a standard level disclosure
After The Course:
- You will be able to open any safe/cabinet with one or more 7 Lever lock e.g. gun cabinets, medical cabinets
Members Rate: £295 inc VAT
Picks can be purchased at cost price of £58 plus vat (Retail £78)
Members reduced price – Become a MLA Member
Course Tutor: Darren Foreman of Safe Ventures
Darren has experience picking open domestic locks on warrants, 3 lever union and all types of non and BS curtain locks.
Darren has also picked open many safes and continues to do so albeit not as many due to his day to day running of Safe Ventures.