Cost: Member Price: £189 | Non-Member Price: £259
Location: Master Locksmiths Association, 1 Prospect Park, Valley Drive, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1TF
We have combined the electrical safety course and abrasive wheel into a full one-day course with theory and practical.
Abrasive Wheel Course
- Preparing risk assessments
- Recognising hazards
- How to keep hazards from becoming incidents
- Proper safe storage of discs and wheels
- Understanding codes and standards on discs and wheels
- Choosing the right disc for the job
- Varying types of abrasives and how they work
- Selecting correct items of PPE
- Machine maintenance
- Disc and wheel mounting procedures
Abrasive Wheel Certificate (Valid for 5 Years)
Those attending will receive a 5 year certificate.
Who should attend:
Anyone who works with Angle/Bench Grinders at work.
Electrical Safety Course
- Dangers of Electricity
- The Laws affecting Locksmiths working with electricity
- Risk Assessment (samples & worked examples)
- Selection of tools
- Selection of equipment
- Locking off & proving dead (theory & practical)
- Installation of power supplies (theory & practical)
- Practical Assessment
Electrical Safety Certificate (Valid for 5 Years)
The Certificate will be for successfully completing the course including a practical examination at the end
Find out More
Who Should Attend
The course is primarily aimed at locksmiths that are preparing themselves for work upon electrical systems for access control, CCTV and/or automation.
The course may also be of great benefit to companies that intend to employ non-electrical personnel to install electrical equipment such as access control etc.
Price for Entire Day
Members Rate: £189 inc VAT
Non-Members Rate: £259 inc VAT
Members reduced price – Become a MLA Member
For upcoming course dates please view our training course calendar.